NN Header

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Trailing after July

Title: Trailing after July


Dear Diary

The trend of me writing about July after feeling August's hot breath upon my face ....still precedes.  I just cannot seem to write about the events of a month within this month itself. I seem to be trailing after memories all the time....  I guess this might be due to the fact that I am still updating my hardcopy diary - i..e. the quill and parchment variety - more diligently.

July was busy. Work has taken a turn for the worse - the gap between my pay and my workload is stretching further and further apart. Were it not for the fact that my Deities were the Ones approving of this job in the first place- the "diving under currents during a financial tsunami" theory, and the fact that I am awaiting graduation.... I would have went back to an industry that churns better payouts. While this is a rich learning ground, it is tiring attending masquerade parties on a daily basis.

I have one more trimester left till graduation. Just in time for Christmas.

Despite the busy workload and studies/exams, I have managed to squeeze in time for meeting up with *Priscillia, a short, fun beach trip with friends, shopping trips with colleagues and *Charmaine (the latter was our memorable visit to the huge new mall that turned out disappointing) and a mild Bachelorette dinner for a lovely "Queen" Latifah. It is always good catching up. There are more to come.

I do not understand why - someone can tell you he loves you over and over, but the one thing he knows you are perpetually upset by - he would not eliminate. He would watch me endure those long journeys, watch me get upset by utter humiliation, watch us fight over this same issue time and again. And now even my younger brother is going to get what on beau is supposed to have gotten three years ago - and mon beau is still searching. It is one thing to be lazy and un-resourceful. It is another thing when, someone provides all the resources to facilitate smooth purchases, but the purchaser is still passive. One day, these small disappointments shall accumulate and turn into hatred. I dont know how much more I can endure, on this issue that makes me feel so .....cheated.

And then perhaps, he would understand why I dont want to be friends should we break up because of this issue.

Lately, I am hooked to "The Poe Shadow" by Matthew Pearl. I love the Poe mystery, and the elegant, gentlemanly self-narrative tone of the lead character.  I also love Vangelis' album.

Yesterday, it was the first time I discovered I could surf the net from my mobile phone. Out of boredom, I hit on the Google button on  my LG phone. To my amazement, it connected me to a browser, and I could even blog from there. It was tempting, but I did not succumb.