NN Header

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Au-gustation: the flavours and sentiments of


Dear Diary,

Another month has quietly slipped by; a busy one no doubt. I thank you for the readers who continue to grace this site without fail, even though it has relinquished into a more private, monthly publication over the years to make way for this blog.


The work and sidelines monopolized most of my time, and I am setting aside some of the activities (in order of priorities) to make way for the new interest I am currently pursuing. I shall share that in due course - something much more interesting, fascinating, exciting and lucrative.


There had also been the gown fitting - for the bespoke gown I have customised for myself.  I am rather pleased with the result so far; on my end I just need to shed more kilos. This is one of the outfits for the upcoming photo-shoot and probably tea ceremony next April - since I won't be renting a red "kua" aka cheongsam-styled wedding costume.


There were housewarmings and the usual catching up with longtime friends. As time goes by, I realised I have more and more friends born in August. Is it true that certain horoscope does attract people from certain zodiac signs as well? Hmmm...



National Day aka Golden Jubilee long weekend took place as well. I had the nails painted in honour of this special event. Over the 5 days it was work, relaxation and family time.  The country has just celebrated its 50th anniversary - will there be another 50 to come?  #foodforthought

Photosource: http://thearcticstar.blogspot.sg/2015/09/singapore-night-festival-2015.html

There was also the Singapore Night Festival spanning over a few museums, design schools and churches along the Bugis to City Hall stretch. I managed to catch some pretty fascinating performance and breath the beauty of art once again - in the midst of busy-ness it has been easy to forget about my love for arts at times.



I also attended some media invites for events, and other events - one of which was at the prestigious Tanglin Club. It would also be my first time getting anything at an auction - a bottle of reds for a good cause.   I look forward to more!



Finally, the General Election is taking place really soon, so it is a flurry of excitement and activities. It is exciting from the back-end and the front-end, and it seems that people are starting to wake up and look around them - at the changes, at the deterioration. 

And just in case you are wondering, yes, I author the personal political site Sing-oppo-rean, a site written in laymen's terms for the average neutral reader.

Finally, I cannot wait for September 11 to come - polling, and then off I go for my Vancouver retreat!

Here are some of the media invites / events for August:
(i)  Soteria Nails Sponsorship / Bloggers Bash
(ii) Soteria E-style Rejuvenation Facial Treatment
(iii) Food Tasting at Greendot Vegetarian Restaurant
(iv)  Food Tasting at Nassim Hill Bakery
(v)  Korean 3-step Hair Treatment at The Comb Hair Studio
(vi) Food Tasting at Seattle Pike Chowder
(vii)  Food Tasting at Giovanni L
(viii) Survey / sponsored treat at Haagen Dazs
(ix) Nuffnang vs. Google AdSense
(x) Food Tasting at Perfetto Café


Thank you my dears, stay loved and see you next month!  *kisses*