NN Header

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

MARCH-ing forward

Dear Diary

March is a busy month laden with catching up of appointments postponed and social gatherings cancelled due to what happened in late February.

After the flurry of festivities and getting into the momentum of starting work, miracles and miseries decided to blend into my life.

There was a company Dinner and Dance in which I was one of the honored award-winners and got to make a small speech - my first.

dreams 

I received news from PublishAmerica that they have accepted my manuscripts and would be producing my book! That psyched me up, of course. Mais oui. It would be like a dream come true for me, since I have been wanting to write and publish my own book. After several failed trysts, I was contemplating using one of those self-publishers instead... but thankfully I did not have to resort to that.

Then the license for my to sell general insurance to complement my main life insurance sales came through shortly after that. Meaning to say, I can now be a one-stop agent to all my clients, and of course, more revenue.

So.... things were getting into the swing and BANG (literally!)- I had my very first hospital stay with ruptured cysts and a bang on my head when I fell in the middle of the night. It was a frightening experience, to say the least. I went to a posh hospital, the service was not bad, and I am thankful to all those who have shown their concerns in some way. In a way I dont know if I had cursed myself somehow - in my book the lead character was hospitalized in February, though for a different reason.

Do you believe in dreams and the power of thoughts?

flower 

You could call it mumbo-jumbo, but I do believe in its magic.

I was looking through my Dreams Diary just last night, and it stunned me to discover that there were many fragments of my life - however small - that had been shown to me in some dreams before. At the point in time I did not see the significance, but browsing through the journal, I began to understand the meanings of many of these dreams. Wow. Is this clairvoyance or passing into a dimension in which I caught a glimpse of the future by accident?

Then my beloved and loyal laptop - the one for home use - had finally died on me, after churning out the final manuscript for my first book. Rest in Peace, dearie.

Shopping for a nice gown for an Awards Night next Friday evening.

I am glad to be able to get back into normal routine and do what I have always done before I fell sick - work, shop, dinners, drinks etc. Even spending 2 weeks "working from home" i.e. working on my writings would be better than being a patient, being fussed upon, being taken care of totally, and not being able to accomplish much other than reading fashion magazines, watching senseless dramas or sleeping the days away.

red wine 

Final note, I have nto been composing poetry for a while, and it kind of bothers me.

Oh, and touching on "working from home"... it is something I will never do. Never mix your business time with home time or bring the two into union. It is like bringing your wife and your mistress together - soon there would be no peace or secrets either side. Furthermore, "working from home" takes away one's social skills and grooming skills - all you face are the computer screens and soon, it would be too easy to work in T-shirts and shorts. Not for me, dear god.

Now, if only I could have a glass of "tears of angels" - wine.

Au revoir, ma cheres. There will be more of me in April's entry.